NBA Free Agency 2023: Fred VanVleet, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Bruce Brown
Written by Reananda Hidayat PermonoCompleted Master of Science - MS, Petroleum Geology from Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
Breaking news for all NBA fans: NBA free agency is officially underway as NBA teams can start negotiating deals with free-agent players.
Several teams, like San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, and Sacramento Kings, have significant cap space.
Meanwhile, others need to sort out cap space issues with their current players as free-agent players’ deals take effect after July 6.
Here are some updates on the NBA free agency.
- Fred VanVleet joins Houston Rockets on $130M deal
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, 2019 champion Fred VanVleet agrees to a three-year deal with the Houston Rockets for $130 million.
- Kevin Love returns to Miami Heat
Veteran big man Kevin Love will play his 16th season after agreeing to a two-year deal to stay with the Heat.
- Gabe Vincent joins Los Angeles Lakers on a $33M deal
After a breakout postseason with the Miami Heat, the guard will join the Lakers on a three-year $33 million contract.
- Kyrie Irving re-signs with Dallas Mavericks
The eight-time NBA All-Star will return to the Dallas Mavericks on a three-year $126 million contract.
Irving averaged 27 points, five rebounds, and six assists over 20 games in Dallas.
Other news from NBA free agency:
- Cam Johnson stays with the Brooklyn Nets on a four-year $108 million deal
- Khris Middleton stays with the Milwaukee Bucks on a three-year $102 million deal
- Bruce Brown joins the Indiana Pacers on a two-year $45 million deal